Wednesday, November 11, 2009

My Day Off ~ Bonus It Was Sunny!! ~ Dipper Shots

Wow finally I have managed to get out and get some new shots. I have been going crazy not being able to blog!!! Our weather here has been awful lots of wind and rain not a good combination for picture taking. Plus with my work schedule I have been stretched to the max to say the least. Thankfully today on my one day off this month I was able to get out and putter around. My family went to Goldstream Park for the morning, it's the fall salmon run now so I thought I would see if there were any Bald Eagles around. I did see some but they were too far away for a good shot. But instead I saw this little dipper. For those of you who are not familiar with this little bird I will give you a little blurb for you now. This little bird swims!!! Yes and catches food underwater, they also love the salmon run and swim under the water to catch the salmon eggs. In the first shot you can see the lovely little egg in it's beak. Yes I was in the right place at the right time!!! I couldn't believe my luck. I managed to get some lovely shots of the park and I look foreword to posting them this week. Ahhhh nice to be back...enjoy the pictures









11 comments:

  1. Good to hear from you Crista. Glad everything is ok and you're just busy living life. I love these photos of this little bird. And with a salmon egg in his beak no less. Thanks much! Don't work too hard. Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crista, glad to have you back. I have been thinking about you wondering how things are going in your busy life. glad you had time to get out and take some photos. love this little bird. very interesting. take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely set of photos Crista. Glad the weather was right for you to get out and relax.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Crista. Good to see you finding a bit of time from your hectic schedule to get out and capture these images. Our version Cinclus cinclus is predominately seen in western UK so a very uncommon bird for me in the south-east. Love watching their continuous 'bobbing' action. FAB

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Crista. Good to hear from you! Glad you were finally able to get out and enjoy some sunshine and nature! Must have been so soothing for your soul!! These photos are fabulous. I'm not familiar with this bird at all. I love his stumpy little tail! He reminds me of a House Wren in that aspect. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Crista,
    Lovely shot of the dipper. I managed to get shots of the white-throated dipper only once in Spain!!!
    Your banner is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks everyone for your wonderful welcome back it put the warm a fuzzies back into my heart. I had a wonderful day and it definately filled my soul with what I needed...some time with nature!! I'm glad all of you enjoyed my little dipper I sure enjoyed watching it!!! Looks like it's rap dancing all the time LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. A neat bird....I've never seen one before. I really like that last shot.

    ReplyDelete
  9. We have them here too great little things and beautifully captured.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I saw your photo and before reading your words thought it looked like a dipper. The shape and outline are identical to those we get in the UK, but ours are distinctly different in that they are black and white! Beautiful photo!

    ReplyDelete