Thursday, September 17, 2009

Fabulous Fruit Fridays!!! ~ A Day Early ~ Squash Are Fruit

Hey everyone I know I'm a day early with the post. But it's Thursday evening and I thought that since I'm up early and don't have time to post before I go to work that I would post instead before bed. Some of you who are in Europe are still asleep anyway so I don't think the early post will matter in the whole scheme of things.
Did you know though that Squash are actually classified as a fruit!!! Yes it's true. I had a little niggle and thought I would investigate my thought process. I knew that Tomatoes are a fruit because they bare seeds.....so that lead me to believe that foods that we call Vegetables who have seeds could actually be a fruit. So foods like Pumpkins, Squash, Zucchini's and Tomatoes although we associate them as Vegetables they really are a fruit. Cool isn't it!! So since I have such a lovely fall theme going here I thought I would throw this into the mix. Happy Friday everyone. Oh and before I forget....I had a hard time deciding which photo to post I like them all. So I posted them all even though they all look very similar, I just couldn't decide :)






5 comments:

  1. Beautiful beautiful color Crista. I absolutely love these photos!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are really interesting photos. You've got a good eye!

    I've bookmarked your blog and will be back to see more. Hope you'll stop by mine.

    Shelley @ Shutterbug
    http://shelleyslens.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carol ~ Thank you I'm glad you like these shots :)

    Shelley ~ Thank you and I for sure will pop by and check out your blog!! Have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love, love, love these photos. They would make perfect Thanksgiving Day cards (do you celebrate Thanksgiving...or a harvest day?)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful fall shot of the squash. They come in such lovely colors and shapes. Very arty looking!

    ReplyDelete