Wednesday, September 16, 2009

The Forest Floor With Fall Images

You can tell that the weather has definitely changed and things are progressing into the Fall season. For one Victoria has received some rain fall and with that comes changes on the Forest floors. Yes something you don't see allot of in the Summer...mushrooms have popped up everywhere. They are not small at all......so large are they that they topple over with their own weight. I call this photo: How the Mighty Have Fallen. I took this next photo in Beacon Hill Park on the same day I took the pictures of the Red Breasted Nuthatch posted below. The light in this shot is what I like the most about it. Catches your eye.


5 comments:

  1. I love these fall images already! Our real fall color is still a month away. Your header is beautiful, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like Mary I love your header picture. Lovely Autumn colours as they are in the last photo.

    It seems to have been hard for a few years here to capture those lovely oranges and reds. Everything seems to happen so fast. The temperatures fall rapidly, the leaves start to change and then winds bring them down in no time at all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Crista, same here my virginia creepers went from beautiful colors, to nothing left on them.Just poof, gone. Like the photos. take care. have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mary ~ I look forward to seeing your fall images when you post them. It's nice that your fall is a little behind our own...gives me that much more fall to enjoy!!

    Regina ~ Thank you so much for such a lovely comment.

    John ~ Oh dear John I love fall so much that I would find that so disappointing to have fall come and go in a blink. It's such a slow process here...we enjoy fall from September right through till the end of October.

    Cinner ~ OH I love Virginia Creepers...I have one in my back yard that is just turning that lovely red color...Wow gone I can't imagine that Cinner. Did you manage to get a photo?

    ReplyDelete