Sunday, October 18, 2009

My Yard ~ American Golden Finches And A Fall Image

Lately I've been having an abundance of birds at my feeders...yes fall is here and my suet feeders and seed feeders which weren't used that much this summer are now so busy I'm filling the seed feeders twice a day now. Yesterday we had our real first heavy rain fall, the rain drops were as big a quarters the poor birds were extremely soggy yesterday but still stayed out in the rain to feed as much as possible since no bugs would be found on such a wet day. Visitors to my feeders were: Downy and Hair Woodpeckers, Bushtit's, American Golden Finches, Red Breasted Nuthatches, Chickadee's, Junco's, Sp0tted Towhee's, and Golden Crowned Sparrow. We also had some House Finches, and House Sparrow. Unfortunately it was very dark and too wet for me to hide outside to get all of this activity I'm sure all of you would have loved some great shots of this excitement in my yard. I sipped hot coffee and sat at my window seat enjoying the view. I also finished a book yesterday.....oh yes I still work weekends but I'm home this weekend sick...I have a suspected case of H1N1 and I won't be cleared to go back to work until sometime next week. Anyhoo enough about me...have a wonderful Sunday everyone.
















14 comments:

  1. Hi Crista,
    you got me on this one. Fantastic bird shots! I love them but I've to say that I found your header splendid! What a shot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely pictures of your birds. It's great when the the birds return to the feeders. My feeding station is still a little quiet at the moment. Look forward to seeing more of your birds in your garden:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Crista, oh no, please tell me you don't have the h1n1. My niece has it but she's better. I haven't contracted it here in KY but boy is it bad here. Get to feeling better soon. Perhaps some down time will do you good. I have to tell you too I an envious of these cool birds at your bird feeder. I get cardinals, titmice and black capped chickadees and perhaps the occasional woodpecker will come back by but that's it. I like the pic of the one with the long beak. Get well! Carol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chris ~ Why thank you my dear I'm glad you like the new Header...As you know I like to change it up frequently.

    Lynmiranda ~ Thank you I will try to get some more shots of my birds..It's hard though to sneak up on them and taking pictures through the livingroom window just doesn't work..I know I've tried several times now. Sigh ***

    Carol ~ Yes I'm afraid so..Ive just finish off my medication and if I'm cleared to go back to work on Tuesday all will be good in my world again. Thank you for you sweet concern. The bird with the long beak is a hummingbird :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Crista, what fabulous photos again. I am starting to think you live in heaven! or my idea of it. Sorry to hear you were not feeling well. Hope you got some time to rest. I hope you feel much better this week., Take care. I love the header by the way.!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another set of beautiful birds photos Crista along with the one in the new header. My, you have been suffering recently. Get better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful photos! We didn't have many birds in our yard this year for some reason. A friend of my mom's said they didn't have many either. Not sure why, but hopefully they'll come back next year - and hopefully we'll get some of the little winter birds...

    ReplyDelete
  8. This may cause plenty of pressure and anxiety, therefore the moment you find the appropriate bird for sale, begin planning fo Canaries

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very informative blog. I especially like content that has to do with beauty and fitness, so it’s refreshing to me to see what you have here. Keep it up! facial exercises 군산출장안마

    ReplyDelete
  10. created equal. Some of them are purely in it for the gain, and because of this, they frequently offer subpar birds, macaws

    ReplyDelete
  11. There are many companies in the world, which are proposing online shopping facilities for books. The most significant fact about the online books shopping is that one can buy books from any parts of the country, sitting at his/her home. This has also bestowed with an opportunity of buying books from anywhere in the world. conures

    ReplyDelete
  12. An added important things to bear in mind whenever you begin buying a chicken to purchase, cockatoo for sale

    ReplyDelete
  13. This may cause plenty of pressure and anxiety, therefore the moment you find the appropriate bird for sale, begin planning fo Lovebirds

    ReplyDelete
  14. Therefore, if you are serious, there isn't significantly doubt in my brain that you will have the ability to locate Lovebirds, Finches

    ReplyDelete