Thursday, May 21, 2009

Gastropods

I bet all of you are wondering why has she posted a picture of a Gastropod? Commonly known as a slug. Well for me everything about nature is amazing. Even though gardeners curse them they are an important part of our ecosystem by eliminating waste on the forest floors and also by assisting in the break down of larger decomposing items. Without these helpful creatures things on the forest would take allot longer to decompose. So hats off to the Gastropods. Oh and to really appreciate this lovely picture just click on it, and you will see the most amazing details that you would never notice on any average day. Even my boys were impressed :)

4 comments:

  1. ...love the post. I had forgotten they were called gastropods. Thank you for the info. He actually is quite handsome here. I could see Beatrix Potter turning him into a children's book character all the years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh great Kelly I'm glad you like the post. I was afraid that if I put unusual things up people wouldn't like it as much.I really shouldn't let these thoughts even enter my mind...but I'm human what can I say. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bring on the slugs and bugs, Crista! Nature isn't just about what's frilly and eye-catching... Every creature and flower plays its own part in the larger picture, which is what you have shared here. Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Thanks Heather!! :)I'm trying to show exactly that and I'm glad you like it.
    Crista

    ReplyDelete