Saturday, May 23, 2009

Struggling Starling

Well before I headed out for work yesterday I was in the back yard practicing my Maro zoom actually on a spider. Got some great shots by the way....I will post those ones later. Anyhoo this Starling was trying to get the suet out of my log that I hang for the smaller birds. There really isn't anything for the bird to stand on so it has to fly up to the log and in seconds try to get the food out before falling to the grounds. I got two great shots to show you this lovely attempt.

5 comments:

  1. Clever devil. I's amazing how versitile birds become to get a meal. I have a Robin that flies up under a fat feeder like a hummingbird, pecks & then flies down to pick up any scraps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really!! Frank do you have any shots of this event? I would love to see some.
    Crista

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the colours on this bird.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eye catching aren't they. Starling are quite beautiful birds, even though they are classified as pest by some.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ...those crazy starlings! They have to try to eat everything...and usually they succeed! These are really nice shots--they show the iridescence in his feathers!

    ReplyDelete